Requirements and Member Responsibilities
EMRG is looking to recruit volunteers (unpaid) to respond to all medical emergencies on the University of Toronto Scarborough campus.
- Must possess a Minimum Certification of Standard First Aid with CPR Level C.
- Certification Must be Valid and Acquired Before September 19, 2017 (within the last 2 years) (no exceptions).
- Members are REQUIRED to do 4 Shifts per month as follows:
- 2 of 8-Hour Day Shifts per month - 9am to 5pm
- 2 of 16-Hour Night Shifts per month - 5pm to 9am
- 1 of the 4 Shifts above MUST be a Friday Night, Saturday or Sunday Shift
- Members are REQUIRED to be on campus while on duty (can be in class, residence, library or anywhere else on campus)
- Members CANNOT be in a LAB, QUIZ or EXAM while on duty
- Members MUST be ready to respond while on duty (regardless of circumstances)
- Members are REQUIRED to attend 1 Mandatory In-service Training Session per month
Step 1: Submit an Application
You must complete and submit an application form to apply to join EMRG. You will find the application form below.
Application Form must be Received Before 11:59pm on Monday, September 18, 2017.
Requests received after this date, will not be considered.
Please note that only applicants that are accepted will be contacted for an interview.
EMRG will not contact unsuccessful applicants.
Step 2: Attend an Interview
Interviews will be conducted for successful applicants and are held on the days listed below.
For your interview, expect a quick verbal/practical standard first aid & cpr-c quiz and/or a demonstration of your skills.
- Saturday, September 23, 2017
- Sunday, September 24, 2017
Step 3: Entry - Member Orientation
After interviews are completed, successful applicants will be contacted for an invitation to join EMRG.
New members will be expected to go through an orientation session to familiarize procedures and equipment,
including the creation of an online EMRG Member Account.
Orientation & In-Service (Mandatory Attendance on All Dates listed):
- Saturday, September 30, 2017 (Full Day - Exact Times TDB)
- Sunday, October 1, 2017 (Full Day - Exact Times TDB)
Successful applicants will be placed on a probation/observer period of 3 months.
At the end of each month, a SFA/CPR-C skills test will be held. Recruits must pass 2 of 3 tests to become full active members on EMRG.
Unsuccessful recruits (failed 2 or more skill tests) will not be able to continue serving on EMRG
at the end of their probation period, however, they are free to re-apply.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in the forfeiture of your position on EMRG.
All questions regarding hiring should be directed to the Human Resources Directory via humanresources (at) emrgatutsc.com
Join Us Today!
If you are interested in joining EMRG, please fill out the form below.